Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Awake Dream - Rough Draft due Thursday Jan 14th.

In December we did a visualization and writing exercise based on FEAR. The exercise was to listen to the following paragraph in a dark, dark room, and write whatever comes to mind. The writing should be highly evocative (evoking sights, sounds, smells, emotions...).

The air is hot and stuffy and I can see absolutely nothing. The blackness surrounds me and tries to steal all of the air from my breathing body. I don't like the darkness because it feels like someone could sneak up on me at anytime. I want to call out to see if someone else is in the room but I'm afraid. It feels like someone has their hand over my mouth. I try to struggle away from them because their hand is stinky and doesn't really make me feel very good. But really there's no hand, so I'm ok. I see a red light in the distance. It is tiny. I move towards it because I don't like the dark. It smells. I can hear only a little bit of static and I wonder where it is coming from. I reach the door and...